Saturday, September 24, 2011

Money

Humans can be so cruel, making decisions, crushing dreams with cold words. I never expected much from the humans around me, but I always, well most of the times I did what I was expected to do, I did what others and myself thought it was the right thing to do. Whether it was homework, studying, being polite or helping others, I was present most of the times, because I considered it was my duty to do as much as I could to please others. Till this day I’m always polite and smile even though others step on my words, I still believe kindness is the best approach of every situation.

Time went by and I never thought much of it so pretty soon it became part of me, the sense of duty. I never had an opinion of my own, or idea, just dreams that I would never share with anyone. I grew up, not knowing what it meant, my world has always been like a protecting circle around my heart and I always thought the real world was just a nightmare, I don’t know when I first started seeing life just as it was or just as it is now. My world was broken and turned in a dream and the real world what seemed to be a nightmare before had been turned into reality. What I do remember however is that I was crushed, torn, hurt because I’ve become a pitiful person.

I closed my eyes and shut everything out, thinking it was the best, but I became more and more pitiful, I started loosing hope in what seemed to make sense before, why had God “lied” to me? Why would God not help us? I thought mean and hurtful things, selfish and sad; I became a stranger to myself and everyone around me, I became captive of my own pity and anger.

But on a random day I sat down, lost in my own thoughts and a line came to me and it said to me: you are your own responsibility. At first I pushed the thought back into my head but it kept coming back to the surface, again and again until I gave up and acknowledged it. People always blame others for their own faults, because they themselves are afraid of being pointed at. God is not responsible for my mistakes, God is not responsible for the world hunger, for the world’s wars, no. Humans are. Humans have all the answers they need, in the palm of their hand, but they refuse to use it. World hunger CAN be solved, but nobody would do it. Why? It’s simple, it’s called economy, money. Giving away is not a profitable business, therefore nobody does it. The food industry is among the biggest industry on our planet, yet there are people in the world that starve.

What is the price for life these days? We kill so easily with cold blooded hands that I’m scared to even think what will become of this world in the far end future. This world has already been sank into darkness and the only light that burns brightly in this darkness is the shiny face of a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment