Friday, September 23, 2011

Letting loose

Purpose... music and painting give me a sense of purpose, a way to find myself when I feel lost, when I feel trapped and cannot see a way out of a situation. I'm pretty sure everybody has a way to escape reality once in a while, when it becomes too overwhelming. I usually face my problems straight on, but there are times when I find it difficult to see my way up ahead. I use music or drawing as a way to relax, let my mind be filled with something else and give myself time to digest all the information that had been clogging me before and most of times that helps and when it doesn't, my friends make sure to help with a night's out. 

Sure, work is important, but so are the liberating times. You need to get touch with yourself and constantly remind yourself why you do the things you do, otherwise you'll wake up one morning and find yourself thinking things like: How did I get here? Why am I here? This is not where I wanted to be! This is not who I am! This is not what I want! This is not me.

So, among your work hours, your people hours, you free time, whenever, just stop, take a deep breath, close your eyes and think about what you want, one thing, 10 things, anything, something that makes you who you are, then smile and exhale. This right here, right now, is you and whatever the future might have reserved for you, whatever people say, whatever others think, whatever you are supposed to do or not do, whatever you are asked to do, you will always be yourself first.



No comments:

Post a Comment